Nagios core developer meeting

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri May 6 00:58:56 CEST 2011

Hi all. Sorry for cross-posting.

I'd just like to let you all know that the Nagios World Conference
will be help in Bolzano, Italy next week. May 12 to be precise. That
in itself isn't so very earthshattering to most of you, but what's
more important is that Ethan, Ton and me will be there and will meet
up to discuss future features and whatnot required for Nagios to
continue to flourish.

Those of you using Ninja will be pleased to know that Per Åsberg
will also be attending the conference, as will many other Nagios
celebrities ;)

Chatting with us at the conference is not only very much allowed.
It's also highly encouraged. Especially so when the chat is done
over a beer or three.

But we need your help to make the right decisions and prioritize
the proper things. We'll probably also need your help afterwards to
carry out the tasks that need doing, but that's actually less
important than getting to know what bugs you the most, or which
features you miss the most. We can probably handle the workload of
what needs to be done, but we can't know what you would like to see
in your favourite monitoring tool.

One very easy way of helping us learn what's on your mind is to hop
over to http://ideas.nagios.org and vote for your favourite ideas.
You can also browse through the bugs at http://tracker.nagios.org
and add a note to those who bug you the most.
Another is to just send mail to me, or to this list, or take some
other steps towards ensuring I have the information you want me to
bring to the meeting. I will need it before May 10 though, in order
to have time to prepare. ideas.nagios.org will be watched "live"
while we're conferring, so use that until the evening of the 12th
if you like. There's really only one rule here; Anything goes. That
being said, you'd still make our lives a lot easier by trying to
avoid duplicate ideas and bugs.

If you want to help with maintenance, be it coding or patch reviewing
or maintaining wikis and FAQ's or filtering duplicate bug reports or
whatever decisions we come up with on May 12, please send me an email
with what you would like to do and also what you can do. Like a
micro-resumé, sort of.

On behalf of the core development team; Thanks in advance. With your
help I'm sure we can add the most wanted features and squash the
most annoying quirks and bugs pretty quickly.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd