New Nagios external commands for downtime deletion

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Fri Mar 25 14:28:21 CET 2011

On 03/25/2011 12:21 PM, Ton Voon wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2011, at 09:52, Jochen Bern wrote:
>> On 03/24/2011 05:48 PM, Ton Voon wrote:
>>> Where is the documentation to go for new external commands? Google
>>> says here:
>>> http://old.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandlist.php
>> Looking up the core documentation from www.nagios.org leads to
>> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/extcommands.html,
>> which links to http://www.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/,
>> which redirects to the URL you found.
> So the next question is: How do we create and publish documentation
> updates to this?

The obvious approach would be to break the redirection to old.nagios.org
(which is frozen in time ~Q2 2009) at www.nagios.org and install a new
version of the PHP docs thingie there. But:

My HTML isn't up to speed, but I *think* it should be possible by now to
duplicate the old.nagios.org-style selection mechanism in purely
self-contained DHTML files - so that it could be distributed within
$NAGIOSSRC/html/docs/, becomes part of the usual versioning etc., and
eventually winds up as part of the official docs at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/$MAJORVERSION/en/ .

Kind regards,
								J. Bern
--
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt