New Nagios external commands for downtime deletion

Ton Voon tonvoon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:48:04 CET 2011

Hi!

I've just committed into SVN trunk 4 new downtime deletion commands:
  * DEL_HOSTGROUP_HOST_DOWNTIME;hostgroupname
  * DEL_HOSTGROUP_SVC_DOWNTIME;hostgroupname
  * DEL_HOST_SVC_DOWNTIME;hostname
  * DEL_DOWNTIME_BY_START_TIME_COMMAND;starttime;comment

This allows downtime deletions to work in a master/slave setup, because the current mechanism of deletion by id number doesn't work in a distributed environment.

The first three have been in Opsview for years, but the last one is new, so we're adding all these into Nagios core today.

There are tests written to process the external command (in test_commands.c) and the downtime deletion (in test_downtime.c - which caught two bugs!).

A few questions for Ethan:
  * I assume svn trunk is the right place to put this - I note that in branches/ there a feature branches. Can I suggest that you use trunk for latest development and create a stable branch instead. This is what we do for Opsview and it works very well (we tried the other way of development branches but caused a lot of unnecessary maintenance)
  * Where is the documentation to go for new external commands? Google says here: http://old.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandlist.php but it is broken, and the domain is old.nagios.org

Ton