nagios startup script patch

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Mon Mar 7 17:53:59 CET 2011

On 03/07/2011 05:29 PM, SCHAER Frederic wrote:
> Attached is a patch that intends to remove duplicate configuration checks
> when (re)starting nagios.
>
> Especially, this divides by three nagios restart time for large
> configurations since the restart sequence is no more "verify - stop - verify
> - start + nagios paths check", but only "verify - stop - start without
> checking paths" .
>
> Without patch, and because of circular dependencies checks, my nagios is
> taking 15 minutes to restart

Are you aware that there *already is* a mechanism to restrict config
checking to a single "noninterrupting" check run?

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/faststartup.html

Kind regards,
								J. Bern
--
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt