Nagios 3.3.1 is not processing performance data

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Dec 7 17:35:03 CET 2011

Rodney Ramos wrote:
> Hi, everybody.
>
> I´ve installed Nagios 3.3.1 and noticed that it is not processing
> performance data when it is null.
>
> This is a big problem for me, because I use the performance process to
> send data to my central servers, instead of de ocsp command, as this
> command makes the latency increase a lot.
>
> When I made the downgrade to Nagios 3.2.3 everything works fine.
>
> Can someone help me? Was the Nagios Core code modified? I didn´t find
> anything on the release change log.

there was a discussion recently on the lists, look for

[Nagios-users] empty perfdata not put on perfdata channels anymore in 3.3.1
[Nagios-users] perfdata-file not working the same since upgrade from
3.0.2 to 3.3.1

http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg36537.html
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.devel/8128

and the according bug tracker item is

http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=252
http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=247

if you want to read a deeper analysis

https://dev.icinga.org/issues/1413

and a workaround fix for nagios, which i did when fixing this
misbheaviour in icinga some months ago, can be found here (use at your
own risk)

https://github.com/dnsmichi/nagios-fixed/commit/e445953ecffc54930b5bc5054e75c339e9e81de0

if not, i suggest downgrading to 3.2.3 and wait for a proper release
containing a fix.

hth
michael

--