Nagios and Gearman - huge environment performance problem

Mark Goldfinch mark.goldfinch at modicagroup.com
Tue Aug 23 23:48:53 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

On this particular point, the overall system CPU statistics displayed at the top of "top" are an average across all CPUs.  As previously mooted, Nagios core isn't multi-threaded, so it can only max a single core.  100% of 1/8 CPUs == 12.5% hence why you're seeing 87.5% idle time, 7 of your cores are not stressed out.

Thanks,
Mark.