Nagios and Gearman - huge environment performance problem

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at consol.de
Tue Aug 23 23:14:41 CEST 2011

On 8/23/11 22:21, Rodney Ramos wrote:
> When I´ve changed the max_concurrent_checks from "0" to "200", nagios process fell down to 30/50%. However, the latency increased a lot, going to more then 1000 sec!!

Which means you have usually more than 200 concurrent checks. Maybe 400-500. When i compare that to your inital mail, writing about 60k services + 30k hosts in a 15min interval i get only 100checks / second. Are you sure about the 15min interval? How many checks do you have per second? Did you change you interval_length?

  Sven