performance data not written when lacking performance data

joe.price at vaisala.com joe.price at vaisala.com
Mon Aug 15 10:36:06 CEST 2011

...yes... I know the title is laughable.

So back on 3.2.3 I had a couple of checks with 'output' only, no
'performance data'. 'Performance data' was still written to the file
specified, which was then processed by nagiosgraph.

Onto 3.3.1 and performance data isn't written at all if there is no
'performance data', even if there is 'output'.

I don't see anything specific about this on the changelog:
http://www.nagios.org/projects/nagioscore/history/core-3x (though still
other perf data changes) and so I'm wondering if this change in
behaviour was intended, if it'll be reverted? Of even if it should never
have been relied upon in the first place? O

Its prompted me to ensure my nagios plugin outputs the correct data for
a pretty graph so not the end of the world!