NSCA 2.9? 4k plugin output limit, checkresult directory option

Mike Lindsey mike-nagios at 5dninja.net
Tue Aug 9 22:52:58 CEST 2011

On 8/9/11 12:15 PM, Adam Augustine wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Mike Lindsey <mike-nagios at 5dninja.net
> <mailto:mike-nagios at 5dninja.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hopefully other people find this useful.  I'm not sure what else
>     you would want and need in NSCA to make it a "3.0" release, but
>     making it compatible with some of the other improvements in Nagios
>     3+ seems like a nice start?  I've got an altered copy of
>     send_nsca_cached I've updated to work with multiline nsca, if
>     anyone wants it.
>

> I suspect there is enough interest in the send_nsca_cached code that
> it would be worth posting to the list at least.
Here's my copy.  I updated the original version to support the multiline
output as well as submitting perfdata; requires environment macros being
enabled, but someone could rewrite the script to remove that dependency.

I'd like to integrate some caching into NSCA proper, but time is finite.

--
Mike Lindsey