macro_x madness heads up

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Oct 27 21:59:29 CEST 2010

Poke yall.

I'm in the process of rewriting the macro_x madness to something that's
actually threadsafe instead of mangling a global variable (in expensive
ways) each and every time a macro-based string is evaluated.

If you or anyone you know write eventbroker modules that rely heavily
on the availability of macro_x being globally available (though how on
earth you can do that with the current code is beyond me), you should
probably get ready to change that code, as it won't be around much
longer. How it's managed to survive this long is a f*cking mystery.

I'll start with rewriting the performance data handling functions to not
use the global macros, as I need to call that stuff from Merlin and the
fact that they're not threadsafe is causing me more headache than I'm
prepared to handle with workarounds. If that pans out ok, I'll probably
do the same with the check execution and notifications as well, unless
it's simply easier to implement it for all three straight off (which it
very well might be).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev