Errors while testing Nagios

Ton Voon tonvoon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:00:20 CEST 2010

On 23 Oct 2010, at 15:08, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> On 10/23/2010 04:04 PM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

>>> I've moved code around and not catered to Ton's tests when I went
>>> on my
>>> reorganization spree, so it's likely that particular tree is
>>> broken wrt
>>> testing.
>>>
>>> I'll see if I can get around to fixing it today.
>>>

>> Well, lo and behold. Tests run just fine for me now, and I managed to
>> push the outstanding patches to the public CVS stuff. I even found a
>> bug I'd introduced thanks to Ton's awesome tests :)
>>

> Bleh. I spoke too soon. Fix coming up in a couple of minutes.

Fantastic! I can see tinderbox is back to green: http://tinderbox.nagios.org/nagios/status.html

Re: test_checks, which I notice you've changed from including the main
source. I had an idea to try a different technique (include the
source, but override some specific functions), but I couldn't redefine
functions in C without the compiler complaining. The aim was to try
and isolate specific functions by mocking other function calls to do
more scenario-based/complicated testing. I'd welcome any ideas on how
to do this better.

Ton

http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev