status.cgi segfault without hostgroup parameter on solaris 10

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Wed Oct 20 21:26:16 CEST 2010

On 20.10.2010 16:32, Ton Voon wrote:

> Just a small note: the git diff you provided used different tab
> spacings, which makes it a bit more awkward to apply. Could you use
> the same syntax when providing a diff?

As said earlier - sure, sorry for the hassle with wrong identing.
Possibly wrong vim configuration on that Solaris box.

> While this fixes the segfault, it doesn't fix the issue of
> automatically setting host=all if nothing is specified.
>
> I've added a new test t/610cgistatus.t which caught the host=all issue
> and I've applied Michael's patch to set =all if the value is NULL. The
> test only covers the one scenario though, rather than all the parts
> changed by Michael.

Thanks for creating such test cases. The patch takes all possible
occurences into account, but the "one scenario" should be good enough to
show how/that it's working.

> But this particular problem can be seen with the
> host=(null) (as Linux will not segfault but instead return this string
> instead), so testing for the removal of (null) will prove that this
> bug has been removed.

Hmmm, ok did not have that test case in mind. And if it comes to bug
topics, also true that the official bug was resolved by this. Adding
missing functionality to it would have caused another issue on the dev
tracker then ;-)

Kind regards,
Michael

http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev