Nagios - Attribute based authorization

Vágó Tibor oreggin at niif.hu
Mon Oct 18 11:05:36 CEST 2010

Dear List,

the development of this feature has been finished and it had been
tested in 99% of possible cases. The patch is attached to this e-mail.
As you can see we work with nagios version 3.2.1.

Kind Regards,
Tibor Vago

2010-05-21 17:06, Vago Tibor wrote:
> Dear Andreas,
>
> Thansk for the quick answer.
> We will start the development for this feature and send patch(es) to
> the ND list.
>
> Kind regards,
> Tibor

>> On 05/19/2010 11:03 AM, Vágó Tibor wrote:
>>> Dear Nagios devel-list,
>>>
>>> We would like to use attribute based authority checking in Nagios.
>>> We use authentication but not SSL-based.
>>>
>>> Our conception is (based nagios-version-3.2.1) the following:
>>>
>>> *Step1*
>>> cgi/status.c:
>>> //line136:
>>> authdata current_authdata;
>>>
>>> //line244:
>>> get_authentication_information(&current_authdata);
>>>
>>> Add some char variables to authdata structure.
>>>
>>> include/cgiauth.h
>>> typedef struct authdata_struct{
>>> char *username;
>>> int authorized_for_all_hosts;
>>> int authorized_for_all_host_commands;
>>> int authorized_for_all_services;
>>> int authorized_for_all_service_commands;
>>> int authorized_for_system_information;
>>> int authorized_for_system_commands;
>>> int authorized_for_configuration_information;
>>> int authorized_for_read_only;
>>> int authenticated;
>>> //TODO
>>> char **host_allow_to_see;
>>> char **service_allow_to_see;
>>> }authdata;
>>>

>>> *Step2*
>>> cgi/cgiauth.c
>>> line86 /* read in authorization override vars from config file... */
>>> line87 if((thefile=mmap_fopen(get_cgi_config_location()))!=NULL){
>>> line95 if((input=mmap_fgets_multiline(thefile))==NULL)
>>> line96 break;
>>>
>>> authinfo->username=""
>>> authinfo->authenticated=FALSE
>>> authinfo->authorized_for_all_hosts=FALSE;
>>> authinfo->authorized_for_all_host_commands=FALSE;
>>> authinfo->authorized_for_all_services=FALSE;
>>> authinfo->authorized_for_all_service_commands=FALSE;
>>> authinfo->authorized_for_system_information=FALSE;
>>> authinfo->authorized_for_system_commands=FALSE;
>>> authinfo->authorized_for_configuration_information=FALSE;