sugested update for location.h.in

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Oct 14 10:56:56 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Marcel J.E. Mol <marcel at mesa.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My first post to the list... I just started playing with nagios and doing
> some test developments. For this I need the location of the directory
> where all config files reside. I noticed that all config files are defined
> with absolute paths and the config directory itself is not defined.
>
> It like to suggest a change to location.h.in so I can define new config
> files within a single source file without needing to update other nagios
> core files.  The patch is attached. It just adds a DEFAULT_CONFIG_DIR
> define to location.h.in.

The default value for that macro would cause Nagios to recursively search
all of /etc for files ending with .cfg.

Try the cfg_dir option in nagios.cfg instead. It should do roughly what you
want.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/beautyoftheweb