Do not launch a shell for each check

Ethan Galstad egalstad at nagios.org
Mon Oct 4 04:53:58 CEST 2010

Ton Voon wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2010, at 12:36, Matthieu Kermagoret wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Matthieu Kermagoret
>> <mkermagoret at merethis.com> wrote:
>>> The patch I propose, handle simple commands with shell quoting
>>> (simple
>>> and double quote). Every command containing any of these characters
>>> (escaped or not) will be handled by the shell --> !$^&*()~[]|{};<>?`
>>> <--
>>>
>>> So any feedback on this new proposal ?
>>>
>> Could it somehow make it into HEAD ? It would resolve issue #86.
>
> Is it possible to get some libtap tests running against these?
>
> If so, I'd be happy to review what you have done in the tests.
>
> However, this is quite an intrusive change, so would have to go into
> the next feature branch.
>
> Ton

Agreed - Nice idea, but it should probably wait for a 3.3.x release.

Once I release 3.2.3, I'll create a 3.2.x branch and this can get
committed to HEAD.

--
Ethan Galstad
Father of Nagios

Virtualization is moving to the mainstream and overtaking non-virtualized
environment for deploying applications. Does it make network security
easier or more difficult to achieve? Read this whitepaper to separate the
two and get a better understanding.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/hp-phase2-d2d