[Nagios-users] significant bug in 3.2.2 - nagios.cfg -- execute_service_checks=0 completely ignored

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Oct 1 11:49:14 CEST 2010

On 10/01/2010 08:14 AM, Michael Friedrich wrote:
> Stephen Gran wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 02:31:55PM -0700, Mark Christian said:
>>
>>> I updated nagios from 3.2.0 to 3.2.2 - my distributed "collector" node
>>> went from  ~7000 services passively checked and near zero actively
>>> checked to ~1800 actively checked and counting.
>>>
>> The fix for this has already been checked into cvs.
>>

> Sure thing. But how to support the community (e.g. in IRC) by telling
> them "delete sth in the code and then recompile". This remains a major
> bug and should be fixed in a release soon. Also within already created
> packages and so on.

How about "download the proposed fix from CVS and give that a go"?

Since the fix awaits input from testers we can't very well release it
immediately. You've tested it, so that makes one person. If a few more
report that it's now working as intended without any downsides we'll
probably go ahead and cut a release in the next few days, but releasing
untested code that might break something else just to fix a bug isn't
really good practice.

I don't have access to hit the release-button yet, or I would probably
do so for this particular bug.

> If you require more test reports (as Tony stated on IRC that Ethan wants
> that): The fix has been tested and debugged on Icinga Core, same
> behavior, same bugfix, same successful tests. If needed, I'll clone
> Andreas' GIT and run several tests against Nagios Core too, but since
> the code in this regard is merely the same, putting that up to a release
> should be no problem. But if you do think different, no offense taken.

Good enough for me.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev