Differences of certain parameters set in Nagio s.cfg

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Fri Nov 26 10:57:08 CET 2010

Thanks! It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this sort of issue.

I shall press ahead with using both now.

Regards,
Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochen Bern [mailto:Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de]
Sent: 25 November 2010 17:21
To: Nagios Developers List
Subject: Re: [Nagios-devel] Differences of certain parameters set in
Nagios.cfg

On 11/25/2010 03:51 PM, Deborah Martin wrote:
> I'm using the parameter "service_perfdata_file_processing_command" to
> process performance data for pnp4nagios. The first parameter
> "service_perfdata_command" is commented out. But could I still use
> that first parameter?

Yes. I'm running n2rrd and PNP (bulk mode with npcd) in parallel while the
users are making up their minds whether they want to switch over:

# grep '^service.*command' nagios.cfg
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata
service_perfdata_file_processing_command=process-service-perfdata-file

# grep -A 1 process-service ../var/objects.cache
        command_name    process-service-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/local/n2rrd/bin/n2rrd.pl -N
"/usr/local/nagios/var/spool/status.dat" -C '$SERVICECHECKCOMMAND$' -c
/usr/local/n2rrd/etc/n2rrd.conf -e $SERVICEEXECUTIONTIME$ -l
$SERVICELATENCY$ -T $LASTSERVICECHECK$ -H $HOSTNAME$ -s "$SERVICEDESC$"
-o "$SERVICEPERFDATA$"
--
        command_name    process-service-perfdata-file
        command_line    /bin/mv

Kind regards,
								J. Bern
--
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt PGP

Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
Whilst Kognitio Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions.

Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.

Kognitio Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number 0212 7833. Registered Office:  3a Waterside Park, Cookham Road, Bracknell, Berks, RG12 1RB. VAT number 864 4378 92.

Kognitio Inc, a company incorporated in Delaware, principal office 180 North Stetson, Suite 3500, Chicago, IL 60601, USA