alternative scheduler

Fredrik Thulin ft at it.su.se
Tue Nov 23 20:27:06 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 11:32 -0500, Max Schubert wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Fredrik Thulin <ft at it.su.se> wrote:
> > I was able to write a brand new scheduler that works MUCH better - 1160
> > checks per minute, compared to ~60. Any plans to do something drastic
> > about the Nagios service check scheduler?
>
> you definitely can get much better numbers of your instance of Nagios than 60 :)

I would think so too, and am sure that I used to get better performance
when I had fewer hosts and services.

Can someone familiar with the scheduling of checks share a theory about
why Nagios executes fewer and fewer checks over time, as shown in this
graph?

http://people.su.se/~ft/test/mrtg_nagios-dev-srv1_2010-11-19/nagios-f.html

/Fredrik

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intelisp-dev2dev