Question, and an Update for Command Expansion Patch

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Fri Nov 5 18:42:21 CET 2010

On 11/05/2010 04:46 PM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> I'd prefer if you write them against git at git://git.op5.org/nagios.git
> (which I keep up to date with my tree) and then email patches with
> git-send-email, Cc'ing me and To'ing this list.

Unless you want to become betatester for the first attempts at git of
someone who's still happier (not to mention faster) coding with "vi"
within a myEclipse workspace, rather than using the developers'
myEclipse itself, I'd rather stick to "diff" and e-mail ...

> One patch at a time in separate emails with a brief explanation would
> work too though, but then I'll take them as and when I have time instead
> of just applying them directly if they make sense.

1/3, coming through ...

What:	Make url_encode() encode control characters correctly;
	remove corresponding workaround from Command Expansion code
Why:    check_commands may contain control chars (e.g., passing a
	regexp with a <TAB> into one of the command_line's $ARGn$s),
	but url_encode() changed all control chars to (encoded) spaces.
	Since Command Expansion receives the check_command to expand
	via URL, it did not receive, much less expand, such
	check_commands correctly.
--
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt