patch for cgi: change authentication env-variable

Christian Schneemann schneemann at b1-systems.de
Mon Nov 1 13:10:13 CET 2010

Hi,
shame on me, send mail before adding text :(

The patches send could make the env-variable used in the cgi to authenticate
the user changeable.

We had the "problem" at a customer, that he wanted to use a fancy SSO-Service
with nagios.

Therefore we needed to change the HTTP_USER in cgiauth.c to the new variable
the SSO-Service gave us.

Don't know how many different SSO-Services are available and what variables
they use to submit the username to the services after the SSO. So we made it
configurable in the cgi.cfg

What do you think about this? Maybe the default value should be HTTP_USER,
even if it is not configured in the configfile.

--
Christian Schneemann
Linux Consultant & Developer
Mail: schneemann at b1-systems.de