performance data

Mohammed Murphy mohammed.murphy at tandberg.com
Tue May 25 18:47:35 CEST 2010

Hi all,

It's been awhile since the last time I mailed to this list and I am
still extremely grateful for all the help I got last time. On this
occasion, I want to simply ask about the usages of performance data.
That is, if a user defined plugin decides to return a 'perfdata' string,
what can you do with it? Are there any default cgi's that work with it?
What is the main usage paradigm here? And finally, are there any common
alternatives to returning a 'perfdata' string when a plugin wants to
return usage data.

I look forward to your responses and I thank you in advance.