Global snapshot for nagios

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri May 7 21:44:17 CEST 2010

On 05/07/2010 04:43 PM, shadih rahman wrote:
> Does nagios have any module for checking consistent global state in the
> distributed environment?

Nopes.

> If not, I would like to implement one possibly in java or c.

Feel free. I'd recommend C, since that would make it possible to load
your code as an eventbroker module.

What's your intended use-case for the data thus collected? The snapshot
spec describes how to get a snapshot, but not what it's supposed to be
used for. Syncing states between two peered Nagios instances that have
gotten out of sync also requires deciding which of the multiple
snapshots to use, and that's really the hard part of it.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.