max_concurrent_checks=0 not working on 3.2.1 (maybe earlier versions, too)?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 5 11:36:29 CEST 2010

On 05/05/2010 12:23 AM, Alessandro Ren wrote:

>> Well, initial tests show that it's not a problem to fire off 500 checks
>> at once with the multiplexing proof-of-concept code I have sitting on my
>> harddrive. The idea is that the scheduler will just throw out checks as
>> and when they're needed and the workers will just spawn and reap them
>> as fast as possible. With the workers doing nothing but that they can
>> saturate the CPU fairly well, and if more workers are needed it's easy
>> enough to spawn one (or more).
>>
>> The only thing I'm worried about is that it'll now be possible to hog
>> 100% cpu on a system running Nagios. Some smarts will have to be added
>> to take care of that scenario.
>>

>       Will you release this code for testing? I´d be willing to try it
> down here.

I'll add it to our git repository once I've integrated it into Nagios.
For now it's just a simple stand-alone program that spawns and reaps
2000 small checks as fast as it can. You should be able to get it from
git://git.op5.org/nagios.git if you checkout the dev branch (once it's
in, ofcourse).

It's worth trying already though. There's lots of bugfixes and code
cleanups in there now.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.