Nagios development moving forward

Bernd Arnold bernd_a at gmx.de
Sat May 1 11:56:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:46:32 +0200
> Von: Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se>
> Betreff: [Nagios-devel] Nagios development moving forward
>

> Those of you who are git-savvy since before can try
>
>   git log -p --grep="fix.*#$bug_id_without_leading_zeroes" dev
>
> in a repo cloned from mine and it'll show you the commits that
> are responsible for fixing your problem.

I only get

fatal: ambiguous argument 'dev': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

when issuing this command.
I have to add "origin/" to the branch, so the command I use is

git log -p --grep="fix.*#$bug_id_without_leading_zeroes" origin/dev

It took me some minutes to figure that out, and maybe someone else
will find this information helpful.

By the way, the command 'git log -p --grep="fix.*#8" origin/dev'
lists all bug ids beginning with 8 (8, 80, 81, 84394 etc.)
so if you're looking for the given bug id only, you can use:

git log -p --grep="fix.*#$bug_id_without_leading_zeroes[^0-9]" origin/dev

At the moment there is not much difference because there's
only one bug id beginning with 8 (80) for example.

Regards
Bernd