ndoutils nagios_object question

shadih rahman shadhin71 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 05:05:24 CET 2010

I apologize for posting this in dev list.  However I did not get any
response from the user list.

I have a huge ndoutils database which have been saving data for a long
time.  The database is a part of some data mining project.  I have various
script where I query the database by connecting service_object_id from
nagios_servichecks with object_id of nagios_objects table.  However recently
all my object_id change from 32xxx range 1xxx to 4xxx range.   So I have
data in the database which I can not query.

For example lests I have service called "foo" which had an old object_id
26904 and now it has re-numbered to 4000

so if I do a query "

SELECT
obj1.name2 AS service_description
,nagios_servicechecks.start_time
,nagios_servicechecks.output FROM `nagios_servicechecks`
LEFT JOIN nagios_objects as obj1 ON
nagios_servicechecks.service_object_id=obj1.object_id

it only returns partial resultset.  Can someone tell me what is the reason
behind re-numbering and second does anyone know a quick fix to this
problem?  Thanks in advance.

--
Cordially,
Shadhin Rahman