Database access via Nagios

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Tue Mar 16 15:37:20 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Mohammed Murphy <
mohammed.murphy at tandberg.com> wrote:

 I need a way of accessing the underlying database
> without actually knowing what it is. So the question is, does Nagios
> have some library or functionality to cope with this scenario?

Nagios provides an Event Broker interface that allows you to hook into
nagios using a generic interface but does not provide any kind of database
abstraction layer. That's up to you to create or find. Depending on what
your requirements are, the Event Broker API may suit your needs. You can
look at NDOUtils as an example of it's use.

I'm not aware of any database agnostic libraries. Even on the surface, every
database is different and would require some difference in the methods to
access and talk to it so you going to have to have *some* awareness of the
databases that you'll be taking to and be able to support them.

--
Marc
formerly marc /at/ ena.com