Using utils.h within executables written in the C language

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Tue Mar 16 15:29:28 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Mohammed Murphy <
mohammed.murphy at tandberg.com> wrote:

 One of the points mentioned is that the use of utils.h
> (for C-written plugins) was encouraged (perhaps even expected). I was
> unable to locate this file anywhere (neither on the Nagios server
> instance I am running nor on the Nagios help pages,/documentation etc).
> So firstly, I was hoping that I could be directed to where I could get a
> copy of it.

It's in the plugins source code --
/path/to/plugins-source/plugins/utils.h

Secondly, I would like to know how a C application is supposed to link
> to it. Are we expected to use a static linking technique (i.e. copy and
> paste the utils.h/c source into our own C plugin and then compile)?

Nobody does this that I've seen. Look at the source of the standard plugins.
They all just '#include "utils.h"'.

--
Marc