broken SOFT/HARD transition logic

Petya Kohts kohts at yandex-team.ru
Tue Mar 2 18:11:39 CET 2010

Hello,

sorry if duplicate (I did not find any search for mailing list archive
except google which might not have indexed everything).

There're conditions under which HARD/SOFT transition logic breaks
which results in notifications not being sent and event handlers
(even global) not being executed.

Details are here:
http://tracker.nagios.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=128

On our several thousands of monitored servers
during this day (since 00:00 to 20:00 now) we've got
74 invalid events for 39 unique hosts.

Maybe someone could have a look at my patch (in comments)
and comment on it? We will try it in our production environment
and append the results into the ticket.

Regards,
Petya.

Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval