Retention file loading speedup

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jun 4 10:34:33 CEST 2010

On 06/03/2010 12:02 PM, Julien Mathis wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Andreas Ericsson<ae at op5.se>  wrote:
>

>> Applied to my 'dev' branch. Thanks.
>>

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks Andreas. Do you have an aproximative date for the next release ?

I'm afraid not. We haven't sorted out the release process properly yet,
so Ethan's still the one that has to take care of that. I'll see about
pinging him though, but quite a lot of under-the-hood infrastructure
changes have to take place rather soon as well (such as migrating to git).

> This patch has been tested with 1500 hosts, 19000 services and arround 80
> 000 comments.
>
> With nagios standart, the restart take 20 minutes and with this patch, only
> 2.6 seconds.

Impressive numbers. I can imagine you want it in then.

For the time being you can use my dev branch or manually apply the patch.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo