Nagios 3.2.0 - external commands DEL_HOST_COMMENT / DEL_SVC_COMMENT issues

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Sun Jul 25 00:10:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

If I submit a DEL_HOST_COMMENT or DEL_SVC_COMMENT line to the named pipe of
Nagios i see a line like this in nagios.log:

[1280008668] EXTERNAL COMMAND: DEL_HOST_COMMENT;host-name;19117

No errors follow, but the comment is not deleted - still shows up in
status.dat and retention.dat, even if I wait till the retention.dat interval
is reached, even if I shut down Nagios normally the change is not persisteed
/ processed properly.

If I submit a DEL_ALL_HOST_COMMENTS or DEL_ALL_SVC_COMMENTS API command to
the named pipe, the operation works within seconds.

>From the Nagios UI - same thing for both operations, which makes sense since
it just submits to the named pipe as well.

I am trying to track down what code is failing for the DEL_HOST|SVC_COMMENT
commands now - if any of you have seen this behavior before or know what
might be causing it, would welcome the feedback.

Again, this happens when submitting commands directly to the Nagios named
pipe.

- Max