The nagios community wants to keep its open soul

Romuald FRONTEAU rfronteau at nagios-fr.org
Fri Feb 26 16:34:27 CET 2010

Hi Ethan,

I am disappointed that you consider the call of the community as an hysteric and assumptions that you censored the open letter ideas.nagios.org.

If you do not want and certainly does not suspect of cheating the votes to this idea. I invite you to start a poll (Yes or No) on the desire to see the community more involved in the evolution of nagios.

When I started Nagios, you were a man open to others and a good open source spirit but the business has corrupted your soul and you have only the words business, corporate, customers in the mouth.

You should take example on how Canonical manages its global community.

It's not too late and if you see this call as an aggression, it can not be anything for you and Nagios will eventually lose its popularity and maybe you'll come back among the common people.

You kill your project and forget the industry and community development. It's a shame.

I wish that your business success continues with your advisors that make you blind.

Romuald