The nagios community wants to keep its open soul

anthony paradis funkyman78 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:00:25 CET 2010

Hi Ethan,

500+ votes and the first position for "Answer to the call from the community" and you answer is:

> In order to keep the -devel and other lists dedicated to tech stuff

> and not waste people's time, I have decided to create a new
official

> "nagios-drama" mailing list on SourceForge.

i am sorry but you are ridiculous
open your eyes, your in the real life !

Are you really the President of Nagios Enterprises ???
did you forget that
members of the Community would be your future customers ?

it's clear, the community want a response to
this chapter on the Nagios official website:

It's with an open letter entitle "The nagios community wants to keep its
 open soul" than the community ask where the project is going, if it
will still be open and ethically respectful of the open source spirit.
Some question raised about the real open aspect of the Nagios future by
freezing the current open source part and put it into a close solution
(Nagios XI, close application based on Nagios, soon available from
Nagios Enterprise) that seem to be the only part that will evolve in the
 future. The community also ask how it's seen in the Nagios project, if
it still have is its place into it and if it must hold its tongue about
what is not "corporate" for Nagios Enterprise.

I expect a professional response from you

Regards,

AP

Téléchargez Internet Explorer 8 et surfez sans laisser de trace !
http://clk.atdmt.com/FRM/go/182932252/direct/01/