Reassemble config files automatically

Sven-Göran Bergh sgb at systemasis.com
Tue Feb 16 11:49:50 CET 2010

Från: Jelle Smet <nagios at smetj.net>
Till: Nagios devel <nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Skickat: tis 16 februari 2010 11:20:36
Ämne: [Nagios-devel] Reassemble config files automatically

Hi List,
Is there an advised way to extract and assemble the configuration of 1 host and its services out of a configuration setup with many templates?
I know one can check the config of a host/service through the web interface, .. but what I would like to have is some sort of scripting library,
which can read the nagios config files and then dump them into another format...
Any tips os this?

Cheers,
Jelle

Hi Jelle,

not sure what you are looking for, but have you looked
at the <object_cache_file>file? There is all info you
need compiled and ready, but you will have to convert
it to your preferred format for export.

/Sven

Sven-Göran Bergh
Systemasis AB

Använder du Yahoo!?
Är du trött på spam?  Yahoo! E-post har det bästa spamskyddet som finns
http://se.mail.yahoo.com