Nagios and PNP Perfomance Issue

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Wed Feb 3 00:11:06 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Ross Fomerand <rfomeran at advance.net> wrote:
> Rodney,
>
> Have a look at this page.
>
> http://www.semintelligent.com/blog/articles/40/nagios-performance-tuning-early-lessons-learned-lessons-shared-part-45-scalable-performance-data-graphing
>
> I’m not quite sure the ramdisk part is necessary, but it will certainly
> point you in the right direction as far as scaling pnp.

Thanks for citing my post, true, RAM disks are a mixed blessing ..
they are very fast but create a lot more burden operations wise.

I will be releasing a new PNP data streaming framework that is based
on Andreas's pnsca module / framework that has been performing very
well for us this week or next.

With that and RRD cached you will see big perfomance improvements ..
the biggest performance gain is of course in just moving to a two
server set up and getting the heavyweight RRD I/O work off of the
machine that does all the polling.

- Max

http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com