Wrong status in init.d/nagios when nagios is stopped

Pierre SMOROWINSKI pierre.smorowinski at acoss.fr
Thu Dec 30 13:22:31 CET 2010

Thanks for your reply.

I used a prefix in 'configure' to change my path :
./configure --prefix=/hawai/composants/nagios --with-gd-inc=/usr/include
--with-gd-lib=/usr/lib --with-command-group=nagios

make all -j 4
make install
make install-init
make install-commandmode
make install-config
make install-daemoninit

But I don't understand why  you have a nagios3 daemon. Into the Makefile I
have :
install-daemoninit:
        $(INSTALL) -m 755 -d $(INIT_OPTS) $(DESTDIR)$(INIT_DIR)
        $(INSTALL) -m 755 $(INIT_OPTS) daemon-init
$(DESTDIR)$(INIT_DIR)/nagios
I could not find a string like 'nagios3Waiting for nagios3 daemon to
die.................' into the daemon-init file.

What's wrong ?

Pierre

Pierre SMOROWINSKI
Ingénieur Infrastructures Systèmes & Composants
Pôle National de Rénovation
pierre.smorowinski at acoss.fr
Tél. :
04 93 95 55 60

CNIR SUD - BP 215 - 06904 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS CEDEX
Contribuons au respect de l'environnement, n'imprimez ce courriel qu'en
cas de nécessité et ayez le réflexe recto-verso

Alexander Wirt <formorer at formorer.de>
30/12/2010 12:55

Pierre SMOROWINSKI <pierre.smorowinski at acoss.fr>
cc
Nagios Developers List <nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Objet
Re: [Nagios-devel] Wrong status in init.d/nagios when nagios is stopped

Pierre SMOROWINSKI schrieb am Thursday, den 30. December 2010:

Hi,
> I use Nagios 3.2.3, it works prefectly.
>
> If I stop Nagios :
> [root@***]# service nagios stop -> OK
>
> and I check the status :
> [root@***]# service nagios status
> No lock file found in /hawai/composants/nagios/var/nagios.lock
hu?
This path has noting to do with our packages. Also the service would be
nagios3, not nagios.

root at smithers:/etc/init.d# service nagios3 stop
Stopping nagios3 monitoring daemon: nagios3Waiting for nagios3 daemon to
.
root at smithers:/etc/init.d# service nagios3 status
checking /usr/sbin/nagios3...failed (not running).
root at smithers:/etc/init.d# service nagios3 start
Starting nagios3 monitoring daemon: nagios3.
root at smithers:/etc/init.d# service nagios3 status
checking /usr/sbin/nagios3...done (running).
root at smithers:/etc/init.d#

Alex