Automatically acknowledge services of an acknowledged host

Julien Mathis jmathis at merethis.com
Thu Dec 9 12:11:44 CET 2010

Hi Mathieu,

2010/12/9 Mathieu Gagné <mgagne at iweb.com>

> Hi,

 [....]

To my knowledge, acknowledgments are removed on status changes
> (UNKNOWN->CRITICAL, WARNING->CRITICAL, etc.)

Small tips :) In nagios external command documentations... and check
"sticky" option.

http://old.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandinfo.php?command_id=40

> Since your needs aren't clear, I do agree with Andreas Ericsson's
> opinion: this patch looks badly thought. Sorry.

Thanks :)

> I'm sure we can find an alternative to your solution. :)

I have already found the solution with a cron 3 years ago. But I think it's
not a
very clean solution.

> Last minute thought: Would a NEB module be a good alternative?
> Acknowledgments on hosts could be intercepted and/or new ones issued on
> services when they go DOWN.

Ok, I think we will take this solution.

--
Julien  MATHIS | CTO

jmathis at merethis.com
Tél : +33(0)1.78.12.00.23
Mobile  : +33(0)6.85.43.88.38

MERETHIS est éditeur du logiciel Centreon.