Config from PostgreSQL

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Tue Dec 7 17:07:58 CET 2010

On 12/07/2010 04:37 PM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 04:27 PM, Phil Sturgeon wrote:
>> Apparently this solution does not meet the requirements of my boss. I
>> am perfectly happy to hack the core, as this task is my "trial week"
>> assignment and they've thrown me right in at the deep-end. I am fine
>> with a quick and dirty solution, but I am not sure where I should
>> start.
> You plan on getting this fully implemented in a single week? I wonder
> if your boss quite understands the magnitude of the task he's assigned
> you.

As long as there's no requirement *beyond* "the config must be in the
database" and you're willing to play it way more dirty than quick,
slipping a "COPY (SELECT * FROM NagiosCfgAsAHugeString) TO
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/gargantuan.cfg'" SQL command (PostgreSQL 8.2 and
later) into the code *right* before Nagios accesses the config files
sounds very much possible within the week. *Editing* the config in the
future promises to be a bear, though ...

Serious, no strings like "hosts must be taken from the existing
inventory table" or "authenticate users and passwords per SAP's staff
registry within the DB" or somesuch attached?

Kind regards,
								J. Bern
--
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt