NDO big perfdata bug?

Jose Luis Martinez jlmartinez-lists-nagios-devel at capside.com
Tue Sep 29 11:24:12 CEST 2009

Hendrik Baecker escribió:
> Did you try to increase it like this:
>
> ALTER TABLE `nagios`.`nagios_hostchecks` MODIFY COLUMN `perfdata`
> VARCHAR(8192) NULL;
>
> ALTER TABLE `nagios`.`nagios_hoststatus` MODIFY COLUMN `perfdata`
> VARCHAR(8192) NULL;
>
> ALTER TABLE `nagios`.`nagios_servicechecks` MODIFY COLUMN `perfdata`
> VARCHAR(8192) NULL;
>
> ALTER TABLE `nagios`.`nagios_servicestatus` MODIFY COLUMN `perfdata`
> VARCHAR(8192) NULL;

I don't think it's a db problem. I have those columns as TEXT, and MySQL
would truncate the perfdata (if SQL_MODE is used by default). The
results are corrupted in the ndo.dat file, before the ndo2db tries to
insert them.

> May be some buffer length restrictions in ndomod...

mmm... I'd look at the way the temp_buffer in ndomod.c is managed (fixed
4KB length), and the escape routines. The perfdata seems to include data
about another result in it, and then ends with the 999. But my
read-code-debug-fu skills end here :D It's just a hunch.

> I marked your mail and will go deeper into it. Would you please open a
> tracker for it (http://tracker.nagios.org), feel free to assign it
> directly to me (hbaecker).

Will do.

Jose Luis Martinez