Nagios Build: re-enable AutoHeader

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Sun Sep 27 02:29:37 CEST 2009

Hi;
I've been making small changes to the build system in Nagios -- nothing in
shipping code, just aligning Nagios with the more recent Autotools.

I've commented why in a blog ep (
http://tech.chickenandporn.com/2009/09/12/nagios-can-survive-autoheader/),
no reason to pad it here.  I think both my readers skipped past :)

Nagios' config.h.in looks generated; perhaps at some point Nagios used a
generated config.h and later that file was added-to, and was no longer
generated.  Perhaps it copied a config.h generated somewhere else.  I don't
know.

To get back to a generated config.h, the additions can be split off to a
file included in that config.h  I've made that change in a patch which I've
attached.

The changes in the patch are basically leveraging the changes I submitted
for the configure.in to generate a config.h.in, then include a
"config-added.h" which includes the additional stuff.  There's no
code-changes necessary in shipping code because the generated config.h
includes the new split-off content.  The patch only references
configure.inand (new) include/config-added.h

Autoheader is a step in the "autoreconf" process.

FYC

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com  "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish