tracker id 86 - software freedom day event

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 23:31:52 CEST 2009

the Johannesburg South Africa software freedom day event had a session
where users could work on bugs/features on any project of their choice,
I chose to work on tracker id 86 in the event.

attached are diffs for the lists review, only very basic testing has
been done. any further testing or comments and concerns appreciated.

one area I'm not too sure of, is if waitpid can be interrupted by a
signal and needs to be handled differently to what it currently is.

I'd like to take this opportunity on software freedom day to thank the
nagios project for its work, and the free software community at large.