Status.cgi malloc() error

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Wed Nov 18 10:29:27 CET 2009

On 16 Nov 2009, at 09:51, Assaf Flatto wrote:

> I am new to the nagios-devel list , and I am sorry if I am asking
> about things already discussed ,
> but I am having an issue that is giving me grief and could not get a
> solution on any other place .
> I tried the nagios users list and googled this several times , but
> the issue is repeating .
>
> I have nagios 3.0.6 from source complied on SLES 10.2 (i586) with
> glibc-2.4-31.58 ,apache2-2.2.3-16.19  and the kernel is
> 2.6.16.60-0.33-bigsmp .
>

> [Sun Nov 15 09:02:09 2009] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xxx] *** glibc
> detected
> *** /usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi: malloc(): memory corruption
> (fast): 0x080a1
> 420 ***

I've heard reports of this too. My guess is that the status.dat file
has some characters or lines that cannot be read in correctly. I'm
guessing that the output data of a service or host check has multi-
lines or characters in it.

Can you reduce the status.dat to get a failure scenario? Then we add
to the test cases and find a fix.

Ton