OT Re: Patch RFC - Nagios 3.2 - permanently remove sleep on run_event == FALSE in main loop (events.c) or conditionally remove using nagios.cfg configuration parameter?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Nov 3 11:11:55 CET 2009

On 11/03/2009 09:48 AM, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> On 02/11/09 05:13 PM, Hendrik Baecker wrote:
>>
>> Off Topic
>>
>> 1st: *ouch* ;)
>> 2nd: AFAIR, there were some discussions in the past to pipe the code
>> through intend... guess it's stale for the moment.
>> http://wiki.nagios.org/index.php/Nagios_Core_Developer_Guidelines#Code_style
>>
>> So... the style has a name ;)
>
> Considering that the repo should move to Git soon intend could possibly
> be run trough git filter-branch when setting up Git. That should be easy
> and if it works will result in all code history to be (hopefully)
> properly intended.

Yup. This is a task of mine. I've got the repository set up at
devteams.nagios.org, but haven't synced it to sourceforge yet, as I'm
still not sure how to enable sourceforge cvs access alongside the git
repository. Especially in view of the fact that we'll want to rename
the tags (from nagios-2_1 to nagios-2.1) in git, and that we'd like
to run indent on the history, as you say.

Also, I'm having a spot of trouble bending the indent program to my
will. It seems buggy in recognizing typecasts and insist on indenting
some of them differently. I'm of half a mind to hack sparse to take care
of it, or simply write a very small c-program that supports only one
style but does The Right Thing for everything.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference