Nagios sometimes shows wrong status

Michael Prochaska michael at prochas.net
Thu May 28 07:29:41 CEST 2009

> So you're running the check remotely? What are you using for that? Your
> nagios checkcommand definition? I assume you tried running the command
> (the one that runs the script remotely) on the nagios server too...

# 'check_by_ssh_svm' command definition
define command{
        command_name check_by_ssh_svm
        command_line $USER1$/check_by_ssh -l nagios -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
"$USER1$/check_svm.sh"
        }

define service{
        host_name               acgweb1
        service_description     BASIC_SVM
        use                     generic-service
        check_command           check_by_ssh_svm
        }

regards,
michael