Important check_command functionality

eponymous alias eponymousalias at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 03:41:11 CEST 2009

You may want the functionality you describe,
but is this really the right way to implement
it?  Hacking the value like this means that
configuration-management code that processes
such stuff has to get decorated with a lot of
special-case handling.  Would it not be better
to add a separate directive to specify this
quality?

Besides, I hate to see ! used this way.  In
most computer contexts, it means NOT.  Using
an exactly opposite meaning contributes to
the general rot of culture.  (Yes, I know
the CSS folks have already foisted this
corruption on us.  Let's not give them any
approbation for that.)