Libtap to include in Nagios code

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Wed May 20 00:35:47 CEST 2009

Hi!

I've added in most of the "easy" patches from Opsview's shallow fork
of Nagios. All changes have had a test case added. It's funny how I
feel I have to do more testing when I'm putting changes into the core
Nagios, even though the same patches have been used in Opsview for
years.

The next step is to add libtap to test C functions. In the Nagios
Plugins, Thomas Guyot-Sionest has copied the libtap library (http://jc.ngo.org.uk/trac-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/LibTap
) and amended the configure script to compile this if requested. I'd
like to do something similar to Nagios. This means that by default,
nothing should be different, but if --enable-libtap is entered, then
the local libtap will be compiled and tests can then be run knowing
that libtap will be available.

Are there any objections before I add this in?

Ton

http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects