hostgroup view with hosts not having any service

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon May 18 17:08:49 CEST 2009

matthias eble wrote:

>>                 This is great but if that particular host did not have
>>                 any service attache to it then it takes you to an
>>                 empty page.  This can be quite confusing for managers
>>                 and less technical people of the organization.
>>                 However if those clickable links were to take us to
>>                 the following link, then it would create less
>>                 confusion.  Please advise on this.  Thanks
>>

>>                 https://example.com/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=1&host=fakehost
>>

> So you'd only point to extinfo when there are no services for a
> particular host?
> Another possibility would be to tune status.cgi to still display the
> host status (with a link to extinfo) but fill up service information
> with "No Services Available" and N/A for the other columns.

True. The solution originally suggested by Shadih is not acceptable, however.
I wasn't stating "it has to be thus, or I won't accept the change". I was merely
throwing out some ideas that those who actually care about this and wants to
contribute a fix can use as a starting point.

Yours is a good solution too, ofcourse. It will be interesting to see what the
final code looks like :-)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects