git import (again ;-))

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 13 19:17:26 CEST 2009

Hendrik Baecker wrote:

> Andreas Ericsson schrieb:
>> sean finney wrote:
>>> and "most of the users" don't have any VCS access at the moment, so there's
>>> not much of a loss there :)
>>>
>> Well, they have read-only access. If git feels scary, I can easily set up
>> git-cvsserver at work to make those who prefer a "blind" checkout without
>> history less scary.
>>
>> However, one other nice property of git is that it makes it ridiculously
>> easy to have distributed developer teams set up. German community wants
>> to run a Nagios hackathon?
> hm.... a friendly competition? Might the best source win?
> Let me play a bit with NDOUtils and libdbi stuff - may be we can try
> that inter-git-communication on that topic. ;)

Could be, although I'd be more in favour of using (insert-favourit-database
event-broker-module here) as a submodule rather than imported proper into
the core repository (like Icinga does it). I don't do work on NDOUtils as I
maintain a competing module for it (merlin).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.