[Fwd: Patch to display parent hosts in extinfo.cgi]

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Wed May 13 18:56:08 CEST 2009

On 13 May 2009, at 15:25, matthias eble wrote:

> I'd place the logic into config.cgi. That would (if supplied with a
> hostname or hostname+service_description argument) print a nice table
> including links to parents, contacts, check_command, interval,...
>
> Of course, with the current data structures looking up children will
> be
> painful in large installations.

I think you are over-estimating the pain. It's a single page for a
single host that is not refreshed. Iterating through all hosts once to
find children should be fine. If it was a page listing 100 hosts and
working out the children, then pain would increase a lot more.

A wise man once said - write it right, then optimise the hell out of
it later.

Ton