Antwort: Re: [Fwd: Patch to display parent hosts in extinfo.cgi]

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Wed May 13 14:16:24 CEST 2009

Ton Voon <ton.voon at opsera.com> schrieb am 13.05.2009 12:27:07:

> > True that, but obtaining the information right now makes it
> > prohibitively
> > expensive to do so for large installations. It would mean having to
> > walk
> > through all the hosts and see which ones have the current host
> > listed as
> > its parent.
>
> True. So if use_large_installations_tweaks is set, don't display,
> otherwise do?
>
> When the children links are added to the object structure, then we
> just need to remove this if statement.

I don't like that idea.
use_large_installation_tweaks=0 is no guarantuee for
having a small installation present. Personally I do not use it for
example, since it does have certain caveats. Some people like to
have full control over their nagios and might make 75% of that
adjustments that u_l_i_t=1 does, but not the rest because of
certain problems that arise in their special environment.

Personally I'd favour some some kind of dynamic model, which
presents me with a button on the GUI which reads "Press here to
display all childs of this system" and THEN nagios might go
crawling the hostslist for children. That'll be a good agreement
in my opinion.

Regards
        Sascha

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522