[Fwd: Patch to display parent hosts in extinfo.cgi]

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 13 12:05:15 CEST 2009

Ton Voon wrote:
> On 13 May 2009, at 10:28, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>> matthias eble wrote:
>>> Hi Andreas, hi Ton,
>>>
>>> so I'll try the proof of concept and re-submit this patch as I think
>>> this is quite neat (it still applies to latest version).
>>>
>> Neat patch. Thanks :)
>
> Andreas, does this mean you are going to commit this? If so, I'll back
> off.

Go ahead if you're on it. My git-import is still running, so I won't
touch it until 3PM at the earliest.

>>> This would make it easily possible to display hosts' children in the
>>> cgis which is a good thing also IMO.
>> I'm not so sure about that. Many of our customers have huge switches
>> with up to a hundred child-host connected to them.
>
> I think you could add a table at the bottom of the extinfo.cgi page to
> list all the children. It's out of the way, but accessible if required.

True that, but obtaining the information right now makes it prohibitively
expensive to do so for large installations. It would mean having to walk
through all the hosts and see which ones have the current host listed as
its parent.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.